The University College of the Caribbean is presently seeking candidates for the post of Recruitment and Enrolment Advisors for our four recruiting regions. The incumbents, under the direction of the Manager, Recruitment and Enrolment will implements recruitment strategies to positively influence diverse groups of potential students and other relevant audiences. The incumbents are significant contributors to the public image of the College throughout Jamaica.
Region 1 – Kingston, St. Andrew, St. Catherine, St. Thomas
Region 2 – Clarendon, Mandeville, St. Elizabeth, Westmoreland
Region 3 – Hanover, St. James. Trelawny
Region 4 – St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland
|Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of related/successful experience in Sales would be an advantage. Successful experience in Recruitment/Advising within a post-secondary setting would be an asset.
- A thorough understanding of all levels of the tertiary education system, current issues and related trends and legislation is required.
- Experience and understanding of the diverse needs of post-secondary students with a focus on what engages and appeals to students.
- Demonstrated experience with the planning, delivery and support of large-scale events.
- Experience developing and delivering multimedia presentations to large groups is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, develop rapport and form productive customer sales relationships with a wide variety of potential prospects and their families and representatives in socially diverse environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a variety of media including social media.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member; demonstrating excellent time management skills and flexibility by efficiently multitasking and prioritizing to ensure completion of assigned work.
- Excellent customer service, sales, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Experience with research and evaluation is an asset; demonstrating an ability to undertake substantive and complex administrative tasks (ex. analyzing demographic and market trends)
- A valid driving license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications like Word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Proficiency with social media sites such as LinkedIn, Instagram, FaceBook and Twitter