Technical University of Kenya
- Creativity and Innovation:To embrace originality, authenticity and imagination in all areas of operation.
- Excellence:Commitment to excellence and the provision of quality services.
Respect in our dealings with customers both internal and external.
- Integrity and Impartiality:The guiding principles are observance of ethical behaviour and promotion of self discipline and personal integrity, commitment to transparency and accountability in all corporate endeavours, honesty, fairness, justice and trust.
- Customer Focus:Management and administration operations are structured and geared towards satisfying and exceeding customer expectations.
- Social Responsibility:Responsibility to societal needs is governed by; being at the forefront in providing leadership in national agenda, inculcating culture of care for others and proactive dialogue with stakeholders, promoting social responsibility programmes that add value to society, and enhance the public image of the institution, including human rights, labour rights, the environment and community, being responsive to disadvantaged members of the society including physically challenged persons, promoting and defending the freedom of association, having the courage to initiate and adapt to change among others.
- Professionalism:Professionalism will be upheld and safeguarded at all times.
- Team Spirit:The fundamental operating principles are oriented and focused on synergy as a mode of operation so as to maximize the institution’s total productivity.
- Guiding Principle:The TU-K management will adopt a results-based approach in conception, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of its programmes; within which rational resource allocation will be upheld.
- School of Business and Management Studies
- School of Creative Arts and Technologies
- School of Social and Technology Studies
- School of Architecture and the Built Environment
- School of Engineering Science and Technology
- School of information and communication Technology
- School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Pure and Applied Sciences
The Technical University of Kenya and its predecessor institutions has excelled in technological education and training for the last five decades.
To be a top rated University of technology
To provide quality and innovative technological education and training
The mandate of Technical University of Kenya is to train high and middle level personnel for both public and private sectors
Technical University of Kenya has adopted the following set of values and guiding principles towards the achievement of its mission and vision: