ShareWORLD Open University
- Supporting advancement of thriving disciplines as well as new areas of interdisciplinary excellence
- Providing students with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to become leaders in a world characterised by rapid change and increasing interdependence
- Nurturing a community of exceptional scholars who are co-operative and collegial, functioning in an atmosphere distinguished by support, mentoring and inclusion
- Pursuing distinctive opportunities to build on our special features, including our relationships with world-class institutions
- Scholarship and creative endeavour that draw on all forms of inquiry
- Learning that is active, creative and continuous
- Promotion of an inclusive culture of global citizenship
- Business, Economics and Management Sciences
- Communication and Language
- Conservation, the Environment and Social Development
- Health Sciences
- Association of Business Executives
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Institute of Commercial Management
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi
- Institute of Bankers in Malawi
Celebrating 21 years of excellence in higher education
Founded in August 1994 with five students as Malawi’s first and only privately owned University College, ShareWORLD Open University (SOUMA) has campuses throughout Malawi, in Zambia and South Africa. SOUMA has linkages with universities and institutions in Namibia, Kenya, Thailand, Israel, Nepal and the United Kingdom.
SOUMA was accredited in 2007 through the Department of Human Resource Development and Training and later the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). All programmes, undergraduate as well as graduate programmes, adhere to and fall within the quality assurance and accreditation regulations of the NCHE.
To be recognised as a top, premier open-admissions academic institution that imagines and influences the future, continuously developing value-driven, highly competent and innovative programmes by:
Seeking to bring about the best in others. We realise this through:
Rerum Cognoscere Caucas
To advance knowledge, transform lives and provide an opportunity to all who have the ability and qualifications through education and research to undertake career enhancing programmes available through learning ‘without borders’.
Our core values
Submission to God, giving, success, service to humanity, professionalism, honesty, integrity and professionalism. These values define our university culture, guiding our decisions and how our staff, students and stakeholders work with one another.
Courses by other examining bodies
Our mission is to be accountable to our students by offering an innovative, proven educational approach with small class sizes, highly personalised teaching, hands-on practical training and flexible scheduling. At SOUMA all members of the academic community share responsibility for establishing, implementing and evaluating its educational programmes and members of business and industry are consulted when developing new curricula.
SOUMA, renowned for its academic excellence, offers a variety of value-based, career-oriented, academic and professional disciplines and our students have proved they can compete globally with others in the industry.
For a professional career-focused education, learn more about SOUMA, FIRST AMONG EQUALS.