Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
- 6th Convocation
- College of Agricultural Economics, Rural Sociology and Extension (CAERSE)
- College of Education (COED)
- College of Animal Science and Animal Production (CASAP)
- College of Crop and Soil Science (CCSS)
- College of Engineering and Engineering Technology (CEET)
- College of Applied Food Science and Tourism (CAFST)
- College of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
- College of Physical and Applied Sciences (COLPAS)
- College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS)
- College of Natural Resources and Environmental Management (CNREM)
- College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
- College of Communication and General Studies (CCGS)
- Post-Graduate School (PGS)
- Directorate of Research and Development
- Directorate of University Advancement
- Directorate of Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme
- Directorate of Information and Communication Technology
- Centre for Molecular Biosciences and Bio-technology
- MOUAU Extension Centre
- Centre for Continuing Education
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Studies
- Centre for Gender and Child Development
Knowledge, Food and Security
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) is located in the southeastern part of Nigeria and was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1992.
Students and staff
Currently, MOUAU has over 34,480 undergraduate and about 4,598 postgraduate students. Total staff strength is over 3,082. MOUAU is a gender-sensitive institution with a passion for community development.
Corporate social responsibility
Through the MOUAU Extension Centre, the University runs youth development programmes to train youths in different technical skills including crop and animal production, resource management, and information and communication technology. The Continuing Education Centre runs free courses for adults in host communities, inter alia, tutorial classes for prospective students seeking admissions in tertiary institutions in Nigeria via the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
The vision of the University is to be the foremost institution for producing highly rated graduates in agriculture, science and technology and to be a vehicle for the attainment of the primary goals of the Nigerian Agriculture Policy of self-sufficiency in food and fibre production.
Colleges and Schools
Directorates and Centres
New Vice-Chancellor for MOUAU
The fifth Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Francis Ogbonnaya Otunta, resumed duties on Tuesday, 1 March 2016. Prof. Otunta, who hails from Afikpo in Ebonyi State, has been a Professor of Mathematics at the University of Benin since August 2003 and a former Rector of Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana from 2006─2014. A single term of five years was endorsed by the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of the University, Prof. Anya Oko Anya.
The 6th Convocation ceremony of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU), Nigeria was held on 22 December 2014 at the University pavilion. The ceremony, which was aired live by CHANNELS TV, African Independent Television and the Nigerian Television Authority, was attended by the Minister for Education represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Education, Dr MacDonald Nwaobiala; the Governor of Abia State represented by the Deputy Governor, Chief Emeka Ananaba; the Chancellor of MOUAU, Dr Alfred Torkula; Tor Tiv of Tiv Nation; the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of MOUAU, Professor Anya O. Anya; and Vice-Chancellors of other universities in Nigeria among others.
Vice-Chancellor Professor Edeoga used the occasion to elucidate his stewardship over the last two years. The Minister for Education, the Governor of Abia State, the Chancellor and Pro-Chancellor of MOUAU, and the overall best graduating student extolled the Vice-Chancellor for the landmark cum laudable achievement witnessed in MOUAU since his assumption of office in March 2011.
A total of 3,946 first degree and 231 postgraduate degrees (PGD, MBA, MSc, and PhD graduates) took part in the convocation.